Saturday, April 3, 2010

Amapala, Honduras (Pacific Coast) during Holy Week

We drove three hours to the Pacific coast to get to Amapala -a island volcano. We loaded up our boat and had a 20 minute boat ride to the island.


Our friends took their truck across.


This is how you get around the island.








This is something that I never thought I would see Sharon doing -eating fish served with head and all.












This is the beach house we stayed at during our three-day stay on the island. The Talaveras graciously hosted us for this long weekend.








Doing what I like best!








Ocean view from the beachhouse.

































This is a Palm Sunday procession in the town of Amapala.


























Again, doing what I do best.





























Typical travel in Honduras. How many Hondurans can you fit in a pickup?

































Our last night in town with the Talaveras. We had an awesome time!





































No comments: