Saturday, March 29, 2008

Graduation input

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well guys I tried to make a new post but I know I hit some wrong button but I got to this screen so here I go. On April 26 Maria is scheduled to graduate from Western Michigan University with her degree in social work. This is something she has been working on as you know for quite some time. I hope you will save that weekend for some type of celebration. The ceremony is in the afternoon at 3 PM. Maria was given 4 tickets but all can attend but there just won't be a guarantee on seating. I hope you all will reserve that weekend for some celebrating. Any ideas? Maria suggested dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise! If Jonathan is able to come maybe we could spend Sunday together. Let's start blogging!:) Love to all, Mom.

Jon/Sharon DeWaal said...

Hey everybody, please respond to Mom's blog regarding Maria's graduation. It would be very helpful to get your input!

Beth said...

Just a thought here, but personally I don't think our kids will make it through graduation. So I am proposing the idea that I stay back at the DeWaal house with ALL the kids. Then everyone could go to the graduation and not have to worry about naps, diapers, bottles etc. We can all just meet up afterwards and do dinner or whatever.

Jon/Sharon DeWaal said...

Well #1 aunt Beth you are certainly playing the martyr role for this graduation thing. Thanks for creative thinking!

Question: Are you Micah's Beth or Daniel's Beth? (I'm thinking your Daniel's Beth because Micah's Beth does not have the Internet!)

Beth said...

I don't always like to admitt this, but I'm Dan's Beth :-) I figured I had the majority of the kids and mine are the most "needy" too, so I would take one for the team!! Of course after graduation, they are all yours again...no keepies!

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone,
Well here is the scoop for Maria's graduation weekend. Graduation starts at 3 PM., April 26th. Maria has 4 tickets. Lord willing Jonathan will be here for the occasion also.

We have an important meeting at church from 5 to approximately 7 PM that day. So we were thinking that dinner at Cheeseburger in Paradise would be around 7:30 to 8 PM.

Because of that I was thinking bringing the babies would be difficult for them and parents. I do appreciate Beth, your offer to watch them during the graduation ceremony. My suggestion is that the two Beths talk with each other and think of a solution for this situation.

Something to consider regarding this is that since Jonathan will be in town hopefully, I would love the family to be together on Sunday. So -- maybe Dan and Beth could stay at Micah and Beth's house if that would work out with both parties and then maybe someone from Beth's family or church that they know well could babysit during the restaurant hours.

That is only a suggestion. Anyways Maria is hoping to see as many of you as possible at the restaurant but really wants to have the whole family together on Sunday.

Let me know your thoughts or plans you make.

Love to all, Mom