On April 29, 2008 the DeWaal family met at "Cheeseburger Paradise" (or as Dad called it "the Hamburger Heaven place") to celebrate the graduation of Maria from Western Michigan University. Can't tell you how proud we are of you, Maria!
In my defense, brother Dan, the red-eye flight had something to do with my nodding off. There comes a point with everyone where sleep must occur. It simply must.
Also, I'd like for you to know Maria (and everyone else), the only time I nodded off was post Maria walking down the isle to receive her diploma. How can you blame someone for nodding off when they have a guy speaking way too long after hearing 10,000 names or so and that same guy was working hard to spot his sister and cheer so loudly his lungs hurt? Not to mention, they turned off the lights for the photo montage. That's unheard of!!!
Also, Maria, wouldn't you have to say that playing video games during the cerimony is just about on an equal plane as nodding off? There are just a few degrees of consciousness separating the two. Not to mention, at least when you are dreaming amazing dreams your mind is working at a pace and intelligence level far greater than what one experiences while playing video games on their fancy-pants phone. I could actually hear the sucking noise of brain atrophy coming out of Dan's ears. It actually startled me out of my peaceful slumber. (I wasn't going to mention this Maria, but I was dreaming about your next degree...a Masters in Social Work with an emphasis in Third World Relief.)
Furthermore, I would also like to add that the way I view any celebratory event is that the celebration of the event is of far greater importance than the actual event.
Kudos to Dad for picking up the tab and those flippin' sweet buffalo wings and the delicious, frothy brew. And who can forget that tasty dessert?
That's all for now. Congrats again Maria. Glad I could be part of such an awesome event!
You guys crack me up! For one thing, I can say that I never fell asleep at any of your graduations. But hey, I don't blame you for it was getting long and I was getting annoyed and wanted to get out of there. Dan I like your top five, that's great. As long as you guys saw me go down the aile, that's all that matters. Thanks again Jon for comming. It was great seeing you too. I really enjoyed it and I charish the time that you and I spend time together. You and Dan crack me up with your reactions together, brought a smile to my face. Gotta love my bros! As for finding a job out in Northwest region, all depends but no guarantees.
Glad to see the pics of your graduation, Maria. Sorry Grant and I couldn't be there, but I am glad Jon could come and spend time with you all. And don't feel bad about Jon falling asleep... he has been known to fall asleep when I am talking to him, too, when I think he is just listening intently:)
7 comments:
Great looking pic's of your graduation Maria! Your family is mighty proud of you!
Way to go Aunt Mo Mo!!!
Maria...I think you should look for social work jobs say maybe in the Northwest region of the country?
Maria's Graduation Top Five:
5. Seeing Maria graduate!
4. Playing video games on cell phones during the ceremony
3. Excellent buffalo wings and beer at Cheeseburger in Paradise
2. Free dinner compliments of Dad
and number 1... Watching Jon nod off during the ceremony
Let me clear my throat before I begin (pause)....
In my defense, brother Dan, the red-eye flight had something to do with my nodding off. There comes a point with everyone where sleep must occur. It simply must.
Also, I'd like for you to know Maria (and everyone else), the only time I nodded off was post Maria walking down the isle to receive her diploma. How can you blame someone for nodding off when they have a guy speaking way too long after hearing 10,000 names or so and that same guy was working hard to spot his sister and cheer so loudly his lungs hurt? Not to mention, they turned off the lights for the photo montage. That's unheard of!!!
Also, Maria, wouldn't you have to say that playing video games during the cerimony is just about on an equal plane as nodding off? There are just a few degrees of consciousness separating the two. Not to mention, at least when you are dreaming amazing dreams your mind is working at a pace and intelligence level far greater than what one experiences while playing video games on their fancy-pants phone. I could actually hear the sucking noise of brain atrophy coming out of Dan's ears. It actually startled me out of my peaceful slumber. (I wasn't going to mention this Maria, but I was dreaming about your next degree...a Masters in Social Work with an emphasis in Third World Relief.)
Furthermore, I would also like to add that the way I view any celebratory event is that the celebration of the event is of far greater importance than the actual event.
Kudos to Dad for picking up the tab and those flippin' sweet buffalo wings and the delicious, frothy brew. And who can forget that tasty dessert?
That's all for now. Congrats again Maria. Glad I could be part of such an awesome event!
You guys crack me up!
For one thing, I can say that I never fell asleep at any of your graduations. But hey, I don't blame you for it was getting long and I was getting annoyed and wanted to get out of there.
Dan I like your top five, that's great. As long as you guys saw me go down the aile, that's all that matters.
Thanks again Jon for comming. It was great seeing you too. I really enjoyed it and I charish the time that you and I spend time together. You and Dan crack me up with your reactions together, brought a smile to my face. Gotta love my bros!
As for finding a job out in Northwest region, all depends but no guarantees.
Glad to see the pics of your graduation, Maria. Sorry Grant and I couldn't be there, but I am glad Jon could come and spend time with you all. And don't feel bad about Jon falling asleep... he has been known to fall asleep when I am talking to him, too, when I think he is just listening intently:)
Post a Comment